Copywriting for a website is quite a specific skill that couples good writing with an understanding of your business, and customers, as well as an understanding of what search engines are looking for.
That’s a lot to find in one person within your business and we certainly don’t know as much about your business as you do so it is best that copywriting for your site is a joint effort.
- You need to capture and hold attention fast.
- Your web text should use the keywords or phrases which are important for your business.
- It should also read well.
- Bulleted points rather than screeds of text which make everyone tired before they start.
- “Good copy” sells
- Think about using “read more” links taking your reader to a fresh page, or elevator panels which hide more text, making the site visually cleaner, but leave the text accessible to search engines.
- Article Writing is a good way to increase your ‘authority’ in your field
- Images work to visually stimulate interest and are crucial for a good “eye candy” site.
We can make words work for you!
It’s all about words. Words that mean something to your customers and convey useful information whilst being easy to read and navigate.
It’s really not about writing for search engines. If it works for your customers, search engines will follow.