The following terms and conditions apply to all web site services offered by Babelscribe. By undertaking a Web site design project with Babelscribe Ltd you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
1. We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise.
2. The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Babelscribe, and a 10% deposit will be payable before work can commence.
3. Babelscribe cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission, but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
4. All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
5. The estimate is based on the initial briefing. Actual costs will depend on final requirements. Any changes or additions to format, content or functionality of the site may incur further costs. Third party (suppliers’) costs will be requoted once final specifications and needs are determined.
6. The copyright for all material provided by Babelscribe, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Babelscribe until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
7. Babelscribe makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers and devices, and cannot accept responsibility for pages, which do not display acceptably in new devices and versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
8. Babelscribe will initially place the client’s website on one of Babelscribe ‘s demonstration servers in order that the client may view and comment upon the website’s progress. When both Babelscribe and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Babelscribe will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Babelscribe will publish the website on the client’s domain name
9. If at any point during the development phase a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Babelscribe judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
10. If, during the development phase, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Babelscribe will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.